Listen in to some brilliant insights from Louise Lewis, Nutritionist, as the first guest expert on this show designed to build community among makers & artisans. She shared some top tips for getting better nutrition without spending hours in the kitchen every day, her favourite health podcast, what she loves about being in business for herself, what she finds challenging, the importance of role models, and more.
The scientist in me delights at the way Louise provides individual nutrition plans based on testing hormones, gut health, and more. Her goal is to help you have enough energy to do what you want. That could be having enough energy to play with your small children daily, join a wild swimming club at the weekends, or even simply stop falling asleep on the sofa at 8 pm every night. I know that hubby & I have had much more energy since revamping our diet in 2019 to be more nutritious (and to successfully avoid the statins the GP wanted to give hubby). So, I’m now a firm believer in the power of better nutrition and how it can have some surprising ripple effects.
- 1:44 – Tonight’s drinks: Louise loves her teas
- 3:12 – Introducing Louise and her holistic view of nutrition
- 5:39 – Louise’s maker hobbies
- 7:25 – How Louise got started in nutrition and her business
- 9:45 – Louise’s thoughts on how to find role models for entrepreneurship
- 11:33 – Louise’s 3 top tips for how to get better nutrition whilst being time poor
- 17:10 – What would Louise outsource in her business?
- 18:17 – Louise’s thoughts on low-calorie and low-carb diets
- 21:01 – A few thoughts on choosing alternative kinds of pasta
- 23:10 – Can better nutrition help with period health, perimenopause, and menopause?
- 26:14 – Louise’s most and least favourite things about running a business
- 28:28 – Louise’s favourite underrated tool
- 30:30 – Favourite podcasts
- 32:52 – What we’ve learned lately and what we want to learn
- 36:13 – Louise’s 12-week De-Stress Method
- 38:03 – How do you know when a work is finished?
Connect with Louise:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
This is part of my community-building Cocktails & Chat podcast and Instagram Live series. The idea is to kick back, relax, get to know your fellow makers, and realise you’re not alone. For more community, join the Facebook group. See you soon!