Jeweller Chelle Mullen of Storm and Grace and I chatted about all things jewellery, business, horses (and cats and raccoons), eco-consciousness, and gin.
- 1:05 – Introducing Chelle
- 3:07 – Tonight’s cocktail – Horse’s Neck
- 4:13 – Who is Chelle, what does she do, and how did she get started?
- 5:59 – The joy of running her own business
- 6:35 – Top tip for jewellery care
- 7:45 – A common myth about jewellery making
- 8:31 – How do you go from a lump of silver out of the ground to a ring?
- 10:14 – Chelle’s most underrated tool in the workshop
- 12:03 – More of Chelle’s thoughts on starting and running her own business
- 15:15 – Top choice for outsourcing
- 16:38 – Chelle’s horses (and one semi-tame squirrel)
- 20:27 – Inspiration for new makes and how the commissioning process works
- 22:19 – Our favourite pieces
- 24:47 – Chelle’s top tip for planning without overwhelm
- 27:03 – Top tip for an easy way to begin being eco-conscious in your business
- 28:29 – Music that gets us pumped up and going
- 29:58 – It’s okay to be yourself!
- 32:12 – Chelle’s upcoming plans and where to find her online
- 33:29 – How do you know when a work is finished?
Connect with Chelle and Storm & Grace:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
This is part of my community-building Cocktails & Chat podcast and Instagram Live series. The idea is to kick back, relax, get to know your fellow makers, and realise you’re not alone.