My Bookkeeping Coaching service will help you get started keeping your business numbers on accounting software like QuickBooks or Xero.
This is a one-to-one service, tailored just for you, your business, and your head.
I call it coaching because I ask lots of questions, and together we figure out what the best software and processes are for you.
We meet on Zoom and with your screen shared, I walk you through step by step what to click and how to enter things.
We work out what works best in your head, from which app to use to what your processes will be, to how often to do them.
This is for you if you struggle with tech or if you don’t know where to start with your new subscription to Xero or QuickBooks.
- Finding the best software for your business’ needs based on other software you’re already using, as well as what works best for you personally.
- Lightening your load by automating as much of the data entry as possible. We’ll connect your accounting software with your bank and sales channels.
- You’ll learn how to use the software on a day-to-day basis in the way that works best for you and your business.
- A private library of text notes from our sessions together. This will include step-by-step directions for the various tasks that come up during our training, plus big-picture ideas about what you’re doing and why.
- Configuring the settings and preferences just the way you need them.
- Saving you time in the future by setting up email templates for invoicing, reminders, and more.
- A 12-month coaching programme designed to get you started off on the right foot with your new system, answering the questions that are bound to come up along the way.
- Weekly sessions at first, gradually tapering to monthly as you become more confident with the software and the reports you get from it.
What else can be included?
These are optional add-ons
- A video library of clips from our sessions together. I’ll record our sessions, then cut them apart into useful clips for you to refer back to in the future to see exactly where you need to click when you run across that situation again.
- Lighten your load by letting me enter your past few months’ transactions to get you up to date.
- In a rush? We can do this on a tighter deadline, if you need to.
What’s not included?
- Your software costs are not included. These vary based on which software you choose, but you can expect to pay from around £9 to £30 per month for the accounting software.
These sessions are designed to
- Show you how to do your bookkeeping
- Answer your questions
- Troubleshoot the issues that arise, and
- Get you standing on your own two feet.
When we finish, you’ll be taking care of your bookkeeping on a day-to-day basis, knowing your numbers all the time, and making better decisions because of that.
Many programmes promise great transformation in just a few weeks. You can get a good start in just 4-8 weeks.
My programme is longer so that you have a solid footing. Many things in your accounts only come up quarterly or annually; I will still be there for you as these questions arise.
Bookkeeping Coaching12 months' support
- 12 monthly payments of £75/mo
- Configuration of company settings
- Your preferences and templates
- Creation of any custom reports needed
- Getting the most out of your new software
- Your own private repository of notes from our training sessions
- Unlimited email and telephone support for 12 months
- Optional Add-ons Include:
- Personal video library – £75/mo
- Bookkeeping entered for you – from £50/mo
- Rush – price varies
Sound perfect for you?
More than Numbers
I love to create: I sew, I play the clarinet, I've just gotten a pyrography kit to start on, I enjoy making cards occasionally. It's not a strong enough suit for me to make a living at it, but I know what it is to create.
I'm a mathematician, a qualified bookkeeper, and generally very gifted at spotting connections. These are my biggest strengths, and I want to use it to help you excel at your strengths.
I want numbers to be available to inform every business owner, even the brand new sole trader. But I know that there is more to life than numbers, and I will prompt you to do what feels right to you, rather than blindly following the numbers.
What my clients say
I have had an introductory appointment and have also attended a ‘Record keeping for makers’ workshop, both of which were extremely informative. The workshop in particular was great, a recording of which was provided afterwards, so that I can refer back to it, rather than trying to remember all of the information provided, which is a fantastic service.
Would definitely recommend.
I worked with Sara-Jayne for several months on a project for a charity, and I was extremely impressed both by her technical skills, and by her ability to understand the issues behind a question. Several times, I asked her if A or B might be possible, and I always received really helpful, insightful responses, which often went beyond the original question and showed deep understanding of what was actually needed. I have absolutely no reservations in recommending Sara-Jayne – she is brilliant.
I worked with Sara-Jayne on creating new initiatives for improving the on-line structure of a charity organisation. I’ve been more than impressed by her ability to quickly understand a problem and create easily achievable answers. She is approachable at any stage of the design process, quickly producing prototypes which are close or ready for production.
I’ve found this Basic Bookkeeping spreadsheet so useful, it’s a great resource especially for someone like me who is number phobic and beyond clueless with excel!
We have had the immense pleasure of working in a voluntary capacity with Sara-Jayne from Amethyst Raccoon for the last two years as bookkeeper for New Mills Festival CIC.
Prior to Sara-Jayne joining us the job of generating accounts and invoices, providing updates to the rest of the committee and the multitude of other day to day tasks had defaulted through a lack of volunteers to one of the existing volunteer directors and the additional workload was proving too much. We always seemed to be playing catch-up and preparing the books and making them balance for meetings especially the AGM was hugely stressful.
Since Sara-Jayne has joined us, she has expanded the role of bookkeeper way beyond our expectations. This has freed up other volunteers to think more strategically and to concentrate of the sustainability of the organisation. The directors are now always fully briefed on the finances and are confident that the bookkeeping and day to day financial tasks are in safe hands.
Although Sara-Jayne is a volunteer she treats the role with the utmost professionalism with exceptional attention to detail. A huge benefit has been transferring our accounting to an online and more automated system which has meant the end of large amounts of paper to be archived and a central point where directors can find information.
However, whilst we would highly recommend Sara-Jayne for her professionalism it is her personal touch and genuine interest and concern in our organisation and activities that has impressed us the most.
I’m passionate about helping you thrive no matter what your budget or where you are on your business journey, so I’ve created some free resources to help you.
Save Yourself Time
Read my guide to 5 mistakes you're making with your bookkeeping - save yourself time, money, and energy!
More free resources
There are training videos, a blog, calculators, and more to help you become more profitable doing what you love.
Other ways to work with me
Bookkeeping Coaching won’t be the right fit for everyone at every time.
You might be too time-poor to learn a new way of working, so my Done-For-You Bookkeeping Services would appeal more.
Let’s work together so your business can thrive when you understand your numbers and what they can do for you!