My Bookkeeping Coaching service will help you get started keeping your business numbers on accounting software like QuickBooks or Xero.
This is a one-to-one service, tailored just for you, your business, and your head.
I call it coaching because I ask lots of questions, and together we figure out what the best software and processes are for you.
We meet on Zoom and with your screen shared, I walk you through step by step what to click and how to enter things.
We work out what works best in your head, from which app to use to what your processes will be, to how often to do them.
This is for you if you struggle with tech or if you don’t know where to start with your new subscription to Xero or QuickBooks.
- Finding the best software for your business’ needs based on other software you’re already using, as well as what works best for you personally.
- Lightening your load by automating as much of the data entry as possible. We’ll connect your accounting software with your bank and sales channels.
- You’ll learn how to use the software on a day-to-day basis in the way that works best for you and your business.
- A private library of text notes from our sessions together. This will include step-by-step directions for the various tasks that come up during our training, plus big-picture ideas about what you’re doing and why.
- Configuring the settings and preferences just the way you need them.
- Saving you time in the future by setting up email templates for invoicing, reminders, and more.
- A 12-month coaching programme designed to get you started off on the right foot with your new system, answering the questions that are bound to come up along the way.
- Weekly sessions at first, gradually tapering to monthly as you become more confident with the software and the reports you get from it.
What else can be included?
These are optional add-ons
- A video library of clips from our sessions together. I’ll record our sessions, then cut them apart into useful clips for you to refer back to in the future to see exactly where you need to click when you run across that situation again.
- Lighten your load by letting me enter your past few months’ transactions to get you up to date.
- In a rush? We can do this on a tighter deadline, if you need to.
What’s not included?
- Your software costs are not included. These vary based on which software you choose, but you can expect to pay from around £9 to £30 per month for the accounting software.
These sessions are designed to
- Show you how to do your bookkeeping
- Answer your questions
- Troubleshoot the issues that arise, and
- Get you standing on your own two feet.
When we finish, you’ll be taking care of your bookkeeping on a day-to-day basis, knowing your numbers all the time, and making better decisions because of that.
Many programmes promise great transformation in just a few weeks. You can get a good start in just 4-8 weeks.
My programme is longer so that you have a solid footing. Many things in your accounts only come up quarterly or annually; I will still be there for you as these questions arise.
Bookkeeping Coaching12 months' support
- 12 monthly payments of £75/mo
- Configuration of company settings
- Your preferences and templates
- Creation of any custom reports needed
- Getting the most out of your new software
- Your own private repository of notes from our training sessions
- Unlimited email and telephone support for 12 months
- Optional Add-ons Include:
- Personal video library – £75/mo
- Bookkeeping entered for you – from £50/mo
- Rush – price varies
Sound perfect for you?
More than Numbers
I love to create: I sew, I play the clarinet, I've just gotten a pyrography kit to start on, I enjoy making cards occasionally. It's not a strong enough suit for me to make a living at it, but I know what it is to create.
I'm a mathematician, a qualified bookkeeper, and generally very gifted at spotting connections. These are my biggest strengths, and I want to use it to help you excel at your strengths.
I want numbers to be available to inform every business owner, even the brand new sole trader. But I know that there is more to life than numbers, and I will prompt you to do what feels right to you, rather than blindly following the numbers.
What my clients say
I worked with Sara-Jayne on creating new initiatives for improving the on-line structure of a charity organisation. I’ve been more than impressed by her ability to quickly understand a problem and create easily achievable answers. She is approachable at any stage of the design process, quickly producing prototypes which are close or ready for production.
Sara-Jayne carried out an hour masterclass in my group for small business owners. She was super well prepared and gave so much value. Sara-Jayne knows her subject so well and was able to give the attendees with practical and useful knowledge. She also helped increase their confidence in understanding what they could and shouldn’t do.
Thank you Sara-Jayne it was super helpful.
Amethyst Racoon has brought clarity and responsiveness to the financial workings of New Mills Festival. We can now see the current state of each project and event within the Festival as well as overall figures. Additionally by having immediate access and understanding of all our figures when she attends meetings Sara-Jayne is able to directly respond to any queries that arise on whatever aspect of our finances.
For the project that I was directly responsible for she ensured that it came in on budget and was able to follow through on all grant requirements, etc. Beyond that she is personally interested in how the various events are doing and can contribute informed suggestions on how to proceed.
I would happily recommend her services to any arts organisation or individual trader.
The bookkeeping services have been second to none. The confident and efficient way in which the services are provided mean that a layer of stress has been removed from our financial management. Having an expert, professional bookkeeper makes life easier – would highly recommend!
I’m passionate about helping you thrive no matter what your budget or where you are on your business journey, so I’ve created some free resources to help you.
Save Yourself Time
Read my guide to 5 mistakes you're making with your bookkeeping - save yourself time, money, and energy!
More free resources
There are training videos, a blog, calculators, and more to help you become more profitable doing what you love.
Other ways to work with me
Bookkeeping Coaching won’t be the right fit for everyone at every time.
You might be too time-poor to learn a new way of working, so my Done-For-You Bookkeeping Services would appeal more.
Let’s work together so your business can thrive when you understand your numbers and what they can do for you!